Make School is a next-generation non-profit college focused on bridging the equity gap among underrepresented populations in technology. Our Bachelor's degree in Applied Computer Science - offered in-person and online - blends liberal arts and computer science through a project-based education designed to prepare our graduates for careers at the world’s leading technology companies.
Make School currently enrolls 200 students, 35% of which are from underrepresented groups of color. Our graduates earn an average starting salary of $110k at organizations like Microsoft, Facebook, Google, and top startups.
Make School has been offering our Bachelor's degree program in partnership with Dominican University of California. This past fall, we were granted eligibility status from WSCUC and are pursuing independent accreditation.
We are hiring a Founding President of Make School to help establish Make School as an independently accredited college. This is a unique opportunity to lead a new, innovative college through the final stages of accreditation and accelerate our mission to create equity in technology. We are seeking a dynamic leader responsible for providing strategic direction to the new non-profit with a focus on fundraising, financial sustainability, innovation, and growth.
- Ensuring financial stability
- Driving fundraising efforts
- Overseeing general operations, establishing budgets, and driving key decisions
- Coaching and managing the executive team, empowering them to take significant ownership
- Interfacing with the board of directors
- Ensuring compliance with accreditor guidelines and regulation
- Helping to scale the organization's impact and influence
- Ensuring a culture of innovation throughout the organization
- Aligning with and further developing the mission and vision
Prior Experience (we encourage candidates who have most of the following to apply):
- 5+ years of leadership experience in Higher Education
- Experience managing teams of 20+
- Significant fundraising experience
- Experience working with diverse student groups
- Experience with diverse student groups and DEI work
- Meaningful exposure to the tech industry
- Computer Science background is a nice-to-have
- High analytical and problem-solving ability
- Empathetic communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Focus on technology driven innovation
- Data-driven, efficient decision making
- No ego and a servant leadership mentality
- Embodies a growth mindset
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Strong mission and vision alignment with Make School
- Willingness to dream big
Join us at Make School and enjoy:
> Employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance
> Generous PTO policy
> Employer matched 401(k)
> Employee growth funds & development opportunities
> And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.