Veterinary Assistant II - Large Animal/Alabama Southern Regional
Posting Date: June 9, 2021 Posting End Date: August 9, 2021
Position: Veterinary Assistant II - Large Animal/Alabama Southern Regional Herd Management (ASRHM) Program
Department: College of Veterinary Medicine/Large Animal Clinical Sciences
Status: Full-time (Exempt)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Veterinary Assistant II will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Stocking and maintaining the Ambulatory trucks, especially the ASRHM-assigned vehicle.
- Setting up chutes, herding cattle and restraining them in chutes
- Vaccination, deworming, ear tagging, and other herd health activities under direction and supervision of a licensed veterinarian
- Maintenance of equipment supplies and drug inventory.
- Assist large animal clinicians and students in the Large Animal Hospital when not involved in ASRHM duties
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- At least 2-3 years of large animal-related work experience e.g. at a farm or veterinary clinic
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., and possess manual dexterity.
- Must have strong work ethic and ability to follow instructions.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Commensurate with education, training and experience, Salary is contingent upon outside funding.
This position requires you to work weekends and after hours.
This position requires you to travel to counties within West Alabama.
This position is funded through restricted outside funding.**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.