Posting Date: June 9, 2021 Posting End Date: August 9, 2021
Position: Assistant/Associate/full Professor Department: College of Veterinary Medicine/Small Animal Clinical
Status: Full-time (Exempt)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Assistant/Associate/full Professor will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the University’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the tripartite mission of teaching, research, and service.
- Participate in effective classroom, clinical and laboratory instruction and supervision for veterinary students, graduate students, and interns.
- Develop innovative teaching and service programs to enhance the Department and the College.
- Advise students and interns.
- Participate in providing client services to the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH), with emphasis on, but not limited to Small Animal Medicine
- Participate in community outreach service activities.
- Demonstrate creative scholarship.
- Engage in collaborative research activities in the College, the University and/or with collaborating colleges and universities.
- Serve on College and University committees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The faculty member is expected to:
- Attend Department, College, and University meetings.
- Pursue professional activities, CE and expertise as well as providing continued support to the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Participate in administering the Clinical Proficiency Examination to receive CE funding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DVM, or equivalent degree and 10 or more years of clinical experience in small animal medicine, and/or emergency/critical care will be considered.
- Clinical experience and documented competency in small animal medicine required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team environment.
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.