Assistant/Associate Professor Electrical & Computer Engineering
Posting Date: June 8, 2021 Posting End Date: August 8, 2021
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor Department: Electrical & Computer Engineering
Status: Full Time (Tenure-track) (2 Positions)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Assistant/Associate Professor will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
The College of Engineering is seeking to fill tenure-track positions as Assistant/Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Duties include the following:
- Actively contribute to the growth of the new computer engineering program
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the computer engineering, such as Internet of Things (IoT), Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Hardware Design, Embedded Systems, Computer Networking, etc.
- Conduct active research in areas related to Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Data Science, and their applications to robotics, cybersecurity, intelligent systems, wearable devices or energy system. Applicants with experience in other areas/applications of AI, machine learning are also welcome to apply.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students
- Must have a BS in Electrical Engineering
- Must have a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with, preferably, research focus in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and their applications.
- Experience in securing funded basic and applied research is desirable
- Industrial experience is not required but desirable
Commensurate with education, training and experience
Additional Position Information:
This position require weekend and after work hours’ for Commencements, and Convocations
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) letters of reccommendation (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.