Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-10
JOB TITLEAthletic TrainerLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEPERADIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYAssist head trainer in all phases of treatment for varsity athletics and serve in the department of physical education, recreation and athletics.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in diagnosis and treatment of athletic injuries, prevention, recognition, evaluation, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries/illnesses.
- Provide coverage for athletic contests, practice sessions and Athletic Training room as assigned.
- Assumes responsibilities of the Head Trainer when he/she is unavailable.
- Maintenance of accurate reports and records.
- Teaches Physical Education courses as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training; Masters preferred
- 1 year experience minimum; 3-5 years experience preferred
- BOC Certification and Massachusetts State licensure
- AED/First aid and CPR certified
- College experience preferred
- The ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings. Potential for overnight travel
- Ability to lift 50 – 75 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.