Program and Business Development Director
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-08
JOB TITLEProgram and Business Development DirectorLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMERobotics EngineeringDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Program and Business Development Director is responsible for growing the NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) Future of Robots in the Workplace – Research Development (FORW-RD) Program and the NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (I/UCRC) on Robots and Sensors for Human Well-being (ROSE-HUB), with a focus on identifying and pursuing opportunities for research and internship sponsorship from industry and other relevant organizations, managing industry connections and I/UCRC memberships, overseeing marketing effort, and gathering and processing data for reporting and evaluation.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Develop relationships with potential partners and identify and pursue research sponsorship and internship opportunities.
- Communicate university research expertise and research training objectives and connect those to partners’ or potential partners’ objectives and needs.
- Oversee marketing efforts, including developing and updating marketing material and overseeing websites.
- Manage FORW-RD and ROSE-HUB activities, maintain internal trainee records, external memberships, and facilitate advisory board meetings and internal meetings.
- Collect and process data for NSF reporting and evaluation.
- Coordinate with related offices in the university and other ROSE-HUB university sites.
Please include a cover letter along with resume/CV for consideration.FLSA STATUSUnited States of America (Exempt)WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.