Junior PeopleSoft Business System Analyst (7583U) 19318
Junior PeopleSoft Business System Analyst (7583U) 19318 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 23, 2021
The Controller's Office provides oversight of various University financial services including financial accounting and controls, accounts receivable, accounts payable, contracts and grants accounting, and payroll. The Controller's Office also provides analyst support for the PeopleSoft Financials system which consists of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Commitment Control, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Contracts, Grants and Project Costing modules.
The Business Systems Analyst position involves analyzing large-scale business processes and problems; developing solutions involving the use of computer systems, information flow and architecture; creating specifications for systems to meet requirements; validating requirements against needs; designing details of automated systems; developing user interface design; planning and executing unit integration and acceptance testing. The role may lead cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues.
- Applies professional concepts to formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Analyzes business problems to create specifications for systems to meet user and business requirements.
- Gathers, analyzes and documents requirements and revises existing system logic issues.
- Applies professional concepts to design details of automated systems.
- Develops basic user interface designs.
- Under general supervision, executes unit integration and acceptance testing.
- May participate in cross-functional teams to solve business or systems issues.
- Provides user support on new applications.
- Minimum of two (2) years of PeopleSoft 9.2 FSCM functional experience.
- Moderate skills associated with analysis of processes, problems and information flow.
- Ability to consistently think analytically and use independent judgment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Intermediate interpersonal and communications skills including intermediate writing skills in order to work with technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels of the organization.
- Some knowledge of one or more of the following PeopleSoft Modules: Accounts Receivable, Billing, eBill, Contracts, Grants and Project Costing modules.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or management information systems and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Some knowledge of PeopleSoft Query tool and PeopleSoft Financials table structure.
- Some experience with project management practices, principles, techniques and tools using either the “Agile” or “Waterfall” methodologies.
- Experience using creativity and initiative to analyze and solve problems of diverse scope.
- Some knowledge of applicable industry standards and best practices for business analysts at all stages of the implementation cycle.
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Some knowledge of contracts and grants processes and procedures.
- Knowledge relating to the design of applications programs.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=19318&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency