The Temple University Infant and Child Laboratory (TICL) at Ambler is seeking a Research Assistant to contribute to multiple studies. The Research Assistant will lend expertise in key relevant topics, such as: the development of language skills, parent-child interactions, and playful learning. The Research Assistant will collaborate with team members on various aspects of the studies, such as design, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of findings through written and oral presentations. Projects involve multi-site collaborations with researchers at other institutions, communicty members, contractors, and funding agencies. The Research Assistant may participate in communications with community personnel about the importance of the research and the logitics of the projects. This individual will also be involved in co-designing playful learning landscapes with designers and architects. The position is grant-funded, starting June 2021. Performs other duties as assigned.
B.A. or B.S. in Psychology, Neuroscience, or a related field and at least 6 months experience working in a research setting, preferably with infants and/or children. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, writing, and organizational skills
* Ability to interact with a diverse population of participants
* Ability to travel to off-site locations that may not be accessible by public transportation
* Proficiency with SPSS, SAS, and/or RThis is a grant funded position.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Weiss Hall
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular