Coordinator for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Co-Curricular Programs
Prog Admin Specialist IRole Code:
Coordinator for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Co-Curricular ProgramsPosition Number:
Northern VA Community CollegeDivision:
Fairfax County - 059Hiring Range:
$50,000 - $60,000Emergency/Essential Personnel:
E-ParaprofessionalsFull Time or Part Time:
Full TimeWork Schedule:
Monday- Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PMSensitive Position:
The security of our students, faculty, and staff is very important at NOVA. Please take a moment to review NOVA’s Annual Security Reports
The Coordinator for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Co-Curricular Programs manages and assists with the design and implementation of specific DEI educational programming, events and projects that come from the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion . The Coordinator manages monthly DEI Spotlight events for the college community, the annual Student Diversity Equity & Inclusion Research Symposium, DEI professional development opportunities and supports other DEI programming efforts planned by DEI Campus Committees and other campus units. This position collaborates across the institution for the purpose of advancing NOVA’s commitments to Inclusive Excellence and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Duties & Tasks
- Promote DEI education through the successful planning, management and oversight of various co-curricular educational programming, professional development, and student engagement activities that focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Works closely with the Center for Excellence Teaching and Learning (CETL) and the Human Resource department and affiliate groups to help coordinate and plan specific professional development opportunities on culturally responsive pedagogy or other Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion principles.
- Champions diversity, equity and inclusion across the college and the different campuses by engaging in event planning.
- Directs and effectively plans monthly DEI Spotlight series, the Student Diversity Research Symposium, and other programs organized by the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Provides support to DEI Campus Committees and other campus based groups with scheduling and evaluating the effectiveness of DEI events.
- Develops and oversee equity training for student leaders, mentorship programs, and faculty members advising student clubs.
-Researches and develops metrics for measuring the impact of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and prepares annual reports on Co-Curricular programs that support DEI efforts.Special Assignments:
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.KSA's/Required Qualifications:
• Knowledge of best practices related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate within the college and externally to members of the community.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team.
• Understanding and appreciation of college student engagement, learning and success theories including the relationship between learning environments/climates and college outcomes.
• Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, English, Marketing, Media, relevant field, or combination of equivalent applicable experience or training or education.
• Previous experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion projects and/or programs, or related work experience.
• Master’s degree or combination of equivalent applicable experience or training or education.
• Significant years of experience in higher education, K-12 education, or related field with rising level of leadership and responsibility.
• Experience fostering partnerships, developing professional development opportunities , and/or infusing diversity, equity, and inclusion into curricula.
PublicNumber of Vacancies:
1Job Open Date:
06/03/2021Job Close Date:
06/27/2021Open Until Filled:
nvcc.eduBackground Check Statement Disclaimer:
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/EEO Statement:
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.ADA Statement:
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.E-Verify Statement:
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.Quicklink for Posting: