Development Management Specialist I (Working Title: Development Prospect Researcher)
- Proactively and independently plan and execute industry best practice strategies to identify sources of major gift ($25,000) private support using research techniques and electronic searching methodologies to ensure that campus wide fundraising initiatives have sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals.
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure that newly identified prospects are presented and assigned to appropriate campus fundraisers in a timely manner.
- Provide high-level research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources, including state-of-the-art online database services, Internet websites, library and government sources and other external repositories of public information.
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity and linkages to campus. Evaluate research results to develop and implement further research strategies utilizing ethical intelligence-gathering techniques of the information profession.
- Research/identify potential volunteers for leadership positions, stewardship events, President’s events, Alumni Association Board, GSU Foundation Board, and campaign committees.
- As a liaison to a portfolio of development directors, collaborate and consult with diverse campus contact including gift officers, development staff, and other University staff on matters related to portfolio development, solicitation strategy formulation, and information gathering through peer screenings.
- Interpret results and provide direction on the segmentation and management of large groups of prospects and donors identified through the electronic screening process.
- Assist with work related to the campus-wide prospect management and tracking system (Raiser’s Edge) as needed. Work in a team environment with the Director of Development Prospect & Research Management in the direction and training of newly hired Research staff and student assistants.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
07/04/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: University Advancement
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 06/09/21, 11:10:07 AM