Assistant Director, Alumni Relations (Working Title: Assistant Director, Marketing & Communicat...
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Georgia State University
• Handles development, management and evaluation of marketing campaigns designed to engage alumni and to promote awareness of alumni programs, benefits and services, and affinity programs.
• Uses data effectively to determine the best course of action for the organization and department.
• Implement a visible marketing campaign of the Association, increasing communication flow among the university community, alumni, and surrounding areas.
• Develops a stewardship program for all active participants: donors, members, volunteers and event attendees.
• Represent the alumni department on university committees and action groups planning joint university/alumni programs.
• Benchmark with institutions to identify best practices to continually engage alumni.
• All marketing piece design working in conjunction with the Graphic Designer.Communications
• Under the direction of the Senior Director, manage all alumni communication for Georgia State University’s 265,000 alumni, including social media, web, email and print.
• Work directly with the Office of Advancement communications department to organize annual calendars and cohesive plans for Georgia State alumni.
• Prepare annual plans for communication.
• Facilitate a comprehensive communication campaign including direct mail, telemarketing, alumni publications, web, video and email communication. Perform all phases of the communication process, including initial contact and all follow-up procedures. Coordinate mailings internally and with outside vendors.
• Implement additional vehicles of communication with all internal, which strengthen the awareness of university accomplishments and alumni programs. Areas of communication include alumni publication, alumni email, listserve interaction and mailing inserts.Finances
• Strategize and monitor all budget actions on a regular basis throughout the year. Develop budget, quarterly projections, and long-term budget assessments.
• Maintain records and systems that assure sound fiscal management as required by the university and alumni department.Organizational Relationships
• Reports to the Senior Director of alumni department of Office of Advancement.
• Supervises Graphic Designer II.
• Assist the alumni office support staff by providing direction for improving processes related to alumni and office communication.
• Works daily with GSU alumni, students, faculty and staff, establishing and maintaining a constructive relationship with these groups as required for accomplishing the goals of the office.
• Works closely with the Office of Advancement communication department, the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Communications and all other college/department communicators.Note: Position requires limited travel, evening and some weekend work related to special events.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three years of supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
07/04/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: University Advancement
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 06/09/21, 11:08:53 AM