Assistant Football Coach
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for the position of Assistant Football Coach. This position provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction of the Head Football Coach.
- Assist in planning practice sessions
- Assist with practice drills during workouts
- Assist in supervision of weight training program
- Assist in skill development
- Assist in recruitment of student-athletes
- Assist head coach at home and away contests
- Assist in scouting of opponents
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of facilities and equipment
- Assist in the collection and processing of statistics as indicated
- Assist with driving for out-of-town trips
- Exhibit leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes
- Accept constructive criticism and evidence professional growth
- Exhibit good judgment in advising and counseling student-athletes
- Adhere to the Coach’s Code of Ethics
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all athletics staff members and student-athletes through a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, respect for the competencies of others, and appropriate conflict resolution behavior.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Two to four years of related experience is required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Some independent judgment is required to analyze facts to determine actions to be taken within the limits of standard practice
- Ability to work plan and organize own work, referring questionable situations to the supervisor
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Requires a high level of emotional and physical stamina, a level of physical conditioning to be able to demonstrate essential skills. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Demanding and fast-paced, stressful environment. Work is performed indoors and outdoors, often in hot, humid weather.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Email: [email protected]
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution and has been recognized consistently as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and has been featured in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings in various categories. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the University. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are strongly encouraged to apply.