Director of Sports Information and Sports Marketing
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for the position of Director of Sports Information and Sports Marketing. This position serves as official liaison between the coaches and student-athletes of TLU, the media, and interested public. This position provides data and information to the public, media, and prospective student-athletes; and develops and promotes materials and activities for all sports to bring positive attention to the intercollegiate athletics program at TLU.
- Manage and direct a quality, cost-effective sports information/sports marketing program that serves TLU’s 18 intercollegiate athletics programs in the NCAA Division III.
- Supervise and direct TLU Assistant Director of Sports Information and Sports Marketing.
- Supervise and direct TLU student worker staff, volunteer staff, and contract workers.
- Manage and direct tlubulldogs.com (the official TLU Athletics website).
- Manage and direct official TLU Athletics social media channels.
- Manage and produce graphics for TLU Athletics social media channels, tlubulldogs.com, and publications (both print and digital).
- Produce and direct all TLU Athletics webcasts for athletics games and special events.
- Produce and direct video content for the TLU Bulldogs YouTube Channel, for tlubulldogs.com, and for all TLU Athletics social media channels.
- Manage and direct summer advertising sales campaign that funds radio broadcasts, video streaming efforts, and printing of guides/game programs.
- Produce and direct production of annual football media guide.
- Produce/direct production of printed game program for all TLU home football games.
- Coordinate sale of football game programs/media guides at home football games.
- Prepare, direct and distribute TLU Athletics press releases/email blasts for media, TLU faculty and staff, and all other interested parties.
- Coordinate media interviews with student-athletes and coaches.
- Manage all home athletics contests, including: producing game programs, keeping official statistics, and managing public address, game music, video replays/recordings, and in some cases scoreboards.
- Travel with TLU teams to select away contests to serve the university’s sports information needs.
- Submit all official statistical and awards information/nominations to the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference, the American Southwest Conference, the NCAA, and all other relevant organizations.
- Develop special promotional materials and programs, including football and basketball game halftime shows, to generate additional publicity for TLU Athletics and increase ticket sales and attendance at home contests.
- Maintain historical data (statistics, records, photos, videos, highlights, printed materials) for all TLU Athletics programs.
- Provide biographical and statistical information about TLU Athletics Hall of Fame nominees to the selection committee.
- Assist the Athletics Department in the production of special events, including TLU Athletics Hall of Fame and Wall of Honor award presentations and the annual TLU Athletics Awards Program.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local, regional, and national sports media.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all Athletics Department staff members and student-athletes through a positive constructive approach to all tasks, respect for the competencies of others, and appropriate conflict resolution.
- Attend regular staff meetings of the Athletics Department.
- Submit an annual report to the Director of Athletics by May 31 each year.
- Understand and support the mission of Texas Lutheran University
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, sports administration, sports management, or related field is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- Two to four years of related experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Strong graphic design skills
- Must be proficient in new media (websites, blogs, emails, social media, streaming)
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Skills in NCAA LiveStats and CBS StatCrew a plus
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Skills in web streaming software/services/equipment a plus
- Considerable judgment is required to work independently and make decisions based on precedent and university policy
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Email: [email protected]
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution and has been recognized consistently as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and has been featured in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings in various categories. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the University. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are strongly encouraged to apply.