Manager, Classroom Technology Support
Manager, Classroom Technology Support
What we are looking for:
This position supervises and oversees the support of classroom technology in learning spaces throughout campus while also providing advanced troubleshooting of technical issues. This position also provides programming and design consultation in new and upgraded classroom spaces across campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years’ experience working with AV technology
- Comfortable using Microsoft tools Familiar with both Mac and PC platforms.
- Project management experience
- Strong supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal and self-motivation skills
- Effective communicator
- Master’s degree
- Supervisory experience
- AMX programming experience
- CTS and/or other AV industry-recognized certification
What you will be doing:
- Manage the maintenance and support of presentation technology in all spaces supported by Learning Spaces, providing technical support as needed.
- Supervise the Tier I classroom technology support staff and oversee the day-to-day support operations.
- Design and program classroom control systems and touch panels.
- Work closely with the classroom technology design team to determine the best equipment and design for technology classrooms and facilities.
- Research and test new technologies for potential implementation in the classroom.
- Manage the support and system administration of all networked classroom technology monitoring systems, such as Resource Management Suite. Prepare budgetary recommendations as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission
- Ability to comply with University policies
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
To apply please click here.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.