Listener & Donor Services Coordinator, WFDD Listener and Donor Services Department
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-09
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to various requests and inquiries made by donors and listeners.
- Handles the collection of funds from donors and the accounting and depositing of such monies.
- Works in both Allegiance donor database and DAD donor database to accurately record gifts, and communicates regularly with University Advancement; this includes database cleanup in Allegiance donor database.
- Manages the WFDD Sustainer (monthly giving) program. This includes regular contact with donors for special Sustainer only events, and opportunities and regular communication about expired or declined credit cards. Regular management of the Active Sustainer Report in Allegiance donor database is also essential.
- Manages the donations and entry of gifts related to the WFDD Vehicle Donation program.
- Manages the WFDD Day Sponsor program for gifts and edits messages, schedules messages and ensures day sponsor messages are distributed to on-air staff for broadcast.
- Assists in coordination and oversight of on-air fundraising events from an off-air perspective, including but not limited to, soliciting volunteers and meal donors, preparing for the accounting of contributions and follow-up with donors, and hospitality throughout the fundraising event.
- Performs other station related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree plus at least one year of experience in non-profit fundraising, membership, customer service, or database management.
- Knowledge and understanding of public radio core values and goals.
- Knowledge of donor development and fundraising principles and practices.
- Knowledge of gift processing, data analysis, and database management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies while exercising practical problem solving skills.
- Fosters a customer service culture and relentlessly seeks to solve donor/listener concerns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google products, and experience with donor tracking databases; experience with Allegiance donor database strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; close attention to detail. Please demonstrate your attention to detail by sharing what your favorite color is when you submit your cover letter with the job application.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural questions.
- Ability to research and resolve office management problems and questions.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Ability to use independent judgment and maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to work evening and weekend events as needed.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Assists in providing training, work direction and problem solving assistance for college and high school interns as well as supervising WFDD volunteers.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.