Assistant Director of Forum Programs, Center for Private Business
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-08
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
The Assistant Director of Forum Programs plays an instrumental role in the development and retention of Center membership across all markets by managing the Business Leader Forum (“BLF”) program. This includes, but is not limited to, planning Forum related events, managing relationships with Forum resources and consultants, facilitating group formation, and supporting existing groups. This position also supports the Executive Director in managing the Forum Ambassador network. This position works closely with the Executive Director and the Vice Chair of the Advisory Board to maintain a program budget, ensure key volunteers are stewarded appropriately, and manage all administrative elements of the Forum program.Job Description
- Supports all efforts related to the CPB DEI Every Day strategy.
- Plans and executes all Forum related events and programs.
- Plans for visiting consultant’s related meetings and travel logistics.
- Reviews current Center membership list for potential Forum prospects.
- Prospects and recruits new Center members through the Forum program across the state with an intentional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Manages all Forum program participant and group data.
- Attends Center events to prospect for Forum members.
- Manages the Forum process from formation to launch of new groups.
- Communicates with group members to ensure commitment, participation, payment and membership renewal.
- Ensures current groups are successfully functioning.
- Works with the Executive Director and the Finance Office to ensure all Forum participants are current on both their company membership and the orientation fee.
- Maintains an up-to-date Business Leader Forum handbook, providing guidelines for all program participants.
- Produces program collateral to support program growth.
- Creates consistent language for Forum branding to be used statewide.
- Manages all Forum communications for all Center markets.
- Assists in the creation of a 5-year strategic plan.
- Supports in managing the program to budget.
- Maintains a growing list of Business Leader Forum Ambassadors statewide.
- Supports fundraising activities for the Forum program.
- Assists in the overall educational programming planning and execution.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient knowledge in marketing and communications.
- Ability to strongly influence or persuade others.
- Possesses the savviness to interact effectively and skillfully with business leaders.
- Demonstrates a high degree of member focus and attention to service.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct multiple programs and activities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business community practices and customs.
- Responsible for own work.
- Budgetary responsibilities.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.