Learning Experience Designer
Learning Experience Designer
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Director of Learning Design, the Learning Experience Designer is an active member of the Library and Academic Technology Services (LATS) Learning Design Team and works in close collaboration with the Director of Learning Design, faculty, and other key stakeholders to design and develop high-quality innovative courses in support of multimodal learning. The successful candidate demonstrates expertise, innovation, and proficiency in applying learning theory, design models, and best practices to develop engaging online learning experiences for Baylor students. The successful candidate actively manages multiple projects concurrently and can move projects with many stakeholders involved forward while effectively managing scope, quality, and timeline deliverables. The successful candidate adheres to OLC OSCQR quality standards and showcases competency in effectively organizing digital content using learner-centered design principles. The Learning Experience Designer is well-versed in the application of pertinent technology tools to support instruction and to promote meaningful and diverse connections in the online learning environment.
- Masters of Instructional Design.
- Three plus years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience as an innovative Learning Experience/Instructional Designer.
- Strong understanding of instructional design models and principles, educational theory, and instructional technology.
- Experience developing engaging instructional materials in Canvas or other learning management systems such as Blackboard, D2L, Moodle, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Ph.D./Ed.D. in Instructional Design - Higher education teaching experience
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and Articulate 360
Application Materials: Cover Letter, Resume, Three professional references, and Samples of Instructional Design Work
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with faculty on the development of engaging learner-centered course materials for in-person, online, and hybrid courses; Provide pedagogical and curricular consultation and design following online design best practices and the OLC OSCQR rubric; Act as project manager for the design and development of online and hybrid courses; Work collaboratively with key stakeholders of online course development; Manage multiple tasks/projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain working knowledge of current and emerging technologies; Maintain working knowledge of trends and issues facing higher education and how instructional design can assist.
- Assist faculty with periodic quality review of course materials.
- Contribute to and support the creation of new digital learning assets, assignments, trainings, and instructional design materials.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission
- Ability to comply with University policies
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
To apply please click here.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.