Director of Football Operations
Director of Football OperationsPosting Number:
Dir-Football OperationsWorking Title:
Director of Football OperationsClassification Code:
8106RCW Exemption Criteria:
13 - Counseling of StudentsEWU Position Number:
Exempt - Administrative% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
AE - BSKYSalary Information:
$33,115 – $38,000Anticipated Start Date:
ASAPTerm of Appointment:
Yes - Access to Funds or other items of valueResponsible HR User:
Vara Lyn ConrathResponsible HR User Email address:
- Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Director of Football Operations. Working under the general direction of the Head Football Coach, the Director of Football Operations serves as a key team member of the football management team. This position oversees the organization, planning, management and supervision of the services for the EWU Football program. This position oversees coordination of the team travel, pre-season camps, summer camps, recruiting, organization and coordination of the relationships with outside entities to support programs, activities, and day to day operations. This position responds to inquiries, and resolves complex issues relating to travel and camps. This position is responsible for developing and monitoring, the program, contracts and logistics associated with football travel and events; and ensuring completion of all project activities.
- On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 11 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney and Spokane, Washington, with programs offered throughout the state and online with an enrollment of over 12,000 students. Eastern is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington reporting to its own Board of Trustees.
Eastern’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 11,000 residents 16 miles southwest of the state’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the Brand new Catalyst building and on the Riverpoint Campus which is shared with Washington State University. Eastern also offers program throughout the state based on the needs of the community. Eastern offers an array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees and one applied doctorate in physical therapy. EWU offers 135 fields of study, 9 master’s degrees, 12 graduate certificates, 39 graduate programs, 1 educational specialist degree, and 1 applied doctorate to more than 10,000 enrolled students.Diversity Statement:
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
- The position reports directly to the Head Football Coach and supports all the football coaches in the operations of the football department. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable of, and in compliance with, all NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations and must display professional integrity.
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of experience with the operations of a football program.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and document key aspects of the recruiting process.
- Experience in coordinating the travel of large groups.
- Experience directing summer football camps.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Masters degree.
- Experience working at the Division I collegiate level with the operations of a football program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with Big Sky Conference rules and regulations.
- Experience preparing video and/or film within the confines of a football program.
- This position will be Monday-Friday with Saturday work involved during the football season. This position will also travel with the football team during away football games. Hours are variable per Head Football Coach.
06/09/2021Open Until Further Notice:
06/16/2021Screening to Begin:
06/17/21Special Instructions to Applicants:
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
1.Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2.Attach a chronological resume including work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position. Please list at least 3 professional references including: names, titles, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and connection to you (these can be identical to the references listed on the application).
3.Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions, if applicable.
4.Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. You will be asked to attach a diversity response as part of the online application process: Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Application% of Time:
45Responsibility / Duty:
Oversee All Aspects of Team and Individual Travel
Oversee and manage event related items for approximately 10 away games and events for 130 players and associated staff including, but not limited to, travel budget, assessing the needs of each group, arranging and finalizing team travel arrangements including air charters, buses hotels, meals, meeting spaces including AV needs, practices, and all other aspects of a team trip.
Work directly with athletics business office and compliance office on the timely processing of all travel advances, post-trip reconciliation and compile all necessary receipts and documentation in accordance with department, EWU and NCAA policies and procedures.
Oversee communication between service providers and serve as on-site coordinator for all football travel events.
Prepare travel itineraries, travel lists, bus lists for home and away games.
Oversee all pre-and post-game activities.
Make recommendations to coaching staff and oversee implementation of changes as necessary
Yes% of Time:
15Responsibility / Duty:
Coordinate All Fundraising Activities
Contribute in the implementation of Football Booster Club (ELC- Eagle Legacy Club).
Manage fundraising activities including, but not limited to, fulfillment of member benefits, coordinating of all donor events, maintaining of donor, football alumni and prospective donor database, and serving as direct contact person for current donors.
Work directly with EWU Foundation and Athletics Business Office in the proper solicitation and obtainment of gifts and/or earned income from fundraising efforts.
Yes% of Time:
15Responsibility / Duty:
Coordinate Summer and Preseason Camps
Collaborate with the University on all aspects of the summer camps including overseeing camp budget, scheduling the dates of the camp, overseeing the registration, housing, and meals, and developing the camp.
Develop overall schedule to coordinate housing and meal requirements, meeting schedules with trainers, academics, compliance and other groups, and schedule officials.
Work with athletics business office on the receipting and timely processing of all camp revenue and ensure cash-handling is done in compliance with all EWU policies and procedures.
Yes% of Time:
10Responsibility / Duty:
Assist Recruiting Operations
Develop policies and procedures to ensure football program compliance with NCAA rules and regulations regarding recruiting.
Manage recruiting activities such as the National Letter of Intent (NU) process, signing day events, organizing mailing, coordination of walk-on and unofficial visits in compliance with NCAA requirements.
Assist the Recruiting Coordinator by managing logistics for all official visit weekends and organizing the recruiting activities for home games.
Yes% of Time:
10Responsibility / Duty:
Coordinate the Head Football Coach’s schedule, meetings and appearances with boosters and outside entities.
Work with Athletics Ticket Manager in the tracking of player tickets, coaches’ tickets, complimentary tickets and player pass list.
Secure, train, supervise and direct football part-time interns and volunteers.
Schedule and monitor all meeting rooms, make arrangements for meeting and provide accurate information and materials.
Compile and keep accurate player information including contact information, class schedule and parent information.
Yes% of Time:
5Responsibility / Duty:
Special Projects and Other Duties
Coordinate Team Banquet, Spring Football Game, Annual Golf Tournament and other events.
Contribute to a pleasant and safe work environment and maintain a professional manner.
Other duties as assigned by Head Football Coach.