Interactive Learning Experience Designer
Interactive Learning Experience Designer
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Director of Learning Design, the Interactive Learning Experience Developer (ILXD) is an active member of the Library and Academic Technology Services (LATS) Learning Design Team and works in close collaboration with learning experience designers, faculty, other key stakeholders to design, develop, and implement interactive learning modules in support of multimodal learning. The successful candidate demonstrates expertise and proficiency in applying learning theory, design models, and best practices to develop high-end interactive learning experiences for Baylor students. The successful candidate actively manages multiple projects concurrently and can move projects with many stakeholders involved forward while effectively managing scope, quality, and timeline deliverables. The successful candidate adheres to quality standards and showcases competency in effectively organizing digital interactive narratives using learner UI/UX design principles. The ILXD is well-versed in graphic design, the creation of interactive multimedia, and the application of pertinent technology tools to support instruction and promote meaningful and diverse connections in the online learning environment
- Masters in Instructional Design, Media Development, or a related field. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Three plus years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing interactive media.
- Proficient in Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), Articulate 360 (Rise, Storyline 360, Review), and other interactive authoring tools.
- Familiarity with UX/UI design principles.
- Experience in digital storytelling.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience simplifying and explaining complex concepts.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with authoring in Unity or other virtual/augmented reality.
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and Audition.
- Experience in producing and editing video.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop and deploy interactive learning modules; Assist faculty in developing scripts and storyboards for interactive media projects; Develop/program interactive elements into module design to increase student engagement; Publish courses for SCORM-compliance and Canvas integration; Ensure developed modules meet 508 accessibility standards; Develop and edit images, animations, and other design elements as required; Ensure learning modules meeting stated learning objectives.
- Consult with faculty on the design and development of interactive learning assets, including simulations, scenarios, branching, knowledge checks, and digital case studies; Collaborate with key stakeholders including instructional designers and faculty on the development of interactive media.
- Maintain working knowledge of best practices and learning theories that support learning through interactive media; Maintain working knowledge of best practices in media and graphic design; Maintain working knowledge of emerging trends in interactive media development and learning theory.
- Utilize a project management tool and shared project management space to organize the production schedules of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission
- Ability to comply with University policies
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
To apply please click here.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.