Job descriptionJob no: 707805
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 12
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Social Science
Department: Cntr Anti Counterfeit And Prod Protect 40000827
Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Salary: 24565.00 - 45500.00 Salary Commensurate
Location: East Lansing
Categories: 1/2 Time (50-64.9%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Administrative/Business/Professional, Education/Training, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Union
Description of Duties
Perform a lead role in the outreach of the center to current and potential industry, government, and other organizational partners in the field of brand protection for the purpose of engagement with the center’s education, outreach and research programs. Serve as editor-in-chief of the center’s Brand Protection Professional (BPP) journal and host of Brand Protection Stories Podcast. Assist in curriculum development for the center’s non-credit bearing educational program.
- Perform a lead role in the center’s development plan through recruitment and management of current and future partners in support of its outreach, education, and research programs.
- Coordinates, contributes and shares new and developing contacts with other members of the center and actively engages the center’s client relations management tracking.
- Consults with collaborates with center faculty, staff, students, and other clientele in the development of service/outreach programs.
- Presents as an industry expert in lectures, workshops, and training for off-campus industry groups at conferences or other events (internal and external events); attends industry conferences and events for the purpose of networking and engaging with off-campus current and future industry and government partners.
- Serve as host of Brand Protection Stories podcast, assist with monthly podcast topics and solicit expert professionals for guests.
- Serve as the BPP’s editor-in-chief to produce 4 editions each year through recruiting and maintaining a network of BPP authors; directly oversee the procurement process of content for each issue, which include creating article topics, soliciting expert professionals for authorship, collaborate with authors for final article, obtaining author release, etc. and will deliver content for In the Headlines, What to Watch and the “Letter From the Editor” for each issue; work with managing editor to ensure efficient production process; take lead in directing the search for BPP funding sources, management of editorial board meetings, recruiting and maintaining editorial board membership.
- Assist and serve as a subject matter expert to center faculty and staff in curriculum development for its non-credit bearing educational program, including new curriculum development and updates to current curriculum.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which would normally be acquired in a four year college degree; three to five years of related and progressively more expansive work experience in a field related to the position including planning and managing projects; communications content management (written, verbal, digital) experience with word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring software, desktop publishing and/or project management software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
At least 10 year’s demonstrated experience in anti-counterfeiting and brand and product protection industry and relationship building, 5 or more years of experience as a professional editor.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Required application materials include: cover letter, resume, 3 letters or reference.Work Hours
STANDARD 8-5Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded from date of hire through 06/30/2022, with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.Bidding eligibility ends 6/15/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jun 9, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 15, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time