Job descriptionJob no: 712283
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 07
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Engineering
Department: Electrical And Computer Engineering 10016250
Sub Area: CT- Clerical Tech.
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Clerical Technical- CT, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procures goods and services using Spartan Marketplace, purchasing card, and purchase orders.
- Assists with competitive solicitation process including request for information, sole source and single source justification.
- Contacts appropriate venders for parts, components, and systems while ensuring costs are within budget.
- Addresses export control and compliance issues related to international orders.
- Identify, research, and resolve problems relating to purchasing issues and identifies process improvements.
- Communicates, monitors and enforces the University and departmental procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves products and services.
- Works with the department technician to assist with managing inventories and maintaining accurate records.
- Manages department key and space requests.
- Serves as main contact for IPF requests.
- Processes department reimbursements.
- Additional responsibilities aligned with this classification will be assigned as needed.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
The job requires: knowledge normally acquired through a high school education with coursework in typing and shorthand; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, calendaring and/or presentation software; typing and filing; and may require knowledge of technical or medical terminology and/or technical training related to the field of employment; may require bilingual abilities in a specific language; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
- Solid knowledge and understanding of MSU procurement processes, policy, and systems.
- At least 1 year of experience working in procurement or related position.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft 365.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management, faculty, students and staff at all levels.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Work Hours
STANDARD 8-5Bidding eligibility ends 6/15/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jun 9, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 22, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time