TA ADMIN SUPERVISOR – BUSM PROGRAM
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-09
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Provide direct professional assistance to the Administrative Assistant to the Dean in Faculty of Business & Government including direct support for ACCT, BUSM, HTM, ENTR & POSC Programs. This includes serving in a capacity of being “first impression” and “setting the tone” of the FB&G with all visitors to the office, be they students, scholars, faculty, administrators, foreign dignitaries or others. In addition to all of the job's basic and lead responsibilities, the Student Supervisor is also responsible for the training and supervision of student employees and is to ensure that student employees are performing duties properly and efficiently.
- Greet all visitors warmly, politely, and professionally.
- Assist in answering phone calls received at FB&G; answer basic questions and/or refer visitors or callers to the appropriate person in FB&G.
- Assist in planning and overseeing orientation and monthly training of all new student employees in ACCT, BUSM, ENTR, HTM & POSC Programs each semester.
- Maintain student TA work area in regards to work schedules and computer assignments
- Assist in designing and distribution of flyers, invitations, tickets, etc. for Club events for ACCT, BUSM, ENTR, HTM & POSC Programs
- Monitor and restocking-needs of office supplies; in receiving and distributing mail to the FB&G Faculty and staff.
- Assist with submitting work orders to assist with maintenance of the building and troubleshoot IT issues
- Coordinate transportation requests as needed for FB&G use and field trips
- Submit scheduling requests for building use for class labs, meetings and events
- Assist with administrative work as needed; this may include maintaining spreadsheets; filing documents, copying or scanning documents etc.
- Assist in maintaining archive files of class schedules, collection of academic syllabi, and budget reconciliations
- Assist in keeping FB&G’s front office professional in its appearance and tenor at all times.
- Assist in running on- or off-campus errands as needed.
- Assist in coordinating major events such as catering, scheduling, graduation banquets, conferences, workshops, trainings, and employee/student appreciation events
- Other duties as assigned.