Head Softball Coach
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
Hofstra University, an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Colonial Athletic Association, is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Head Softball Coach. Reporting to the Vice President and Director of Athletics, the Head Coach will be a positive, energetic leader with the ability to reach, motivate and recruit student-athletes. Candidates must be able to organize and handle all aspects of administration and adhere to the rules and regulations of Hofstra University, the Colonial Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
The Head Coach is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Hofstra University softball program including, but not limited to:
• Instructs student-athletes in sport performance and related health and fitness.
• Recruitment of academically and athletically qualified students.
• Supervises two full time assistant coaches.
• Schedules, game and practice preparation.
• Organizes and handles all aspects of administration.
• Handles alumni and public relations.
• Manages budgets and fundraising efforts.
• Adheres to the rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Colonial Athletic Conference and Hofstra University.
• Develops positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, media, alumni and donors while interacting successfully with department personnel and the University community.
This is an on-site position; work for this role is performed on campus.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 3 years of prior coaching experience.
• Knowledge of collegiate and high school softball.
• Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Prior experience with media relations.
• Knowledge and understanding of the collegiate model of intercollegiate athletics.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in University, NCAA and CAA rules and regulations.
• Ability to travel frequently throughout the year.
• Possession of a Valid Driver’s License.
• Ability to hire, train, evaluate and supervise employees.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Master’s degree.
• 10 years collegiate/professional playing and coaching experience.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.