Program Coordinator, Stanford PACS
Program Coordinator, Stanford PACS🔍School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States📁Marketing📅Jun 09, 2021 Post Date📅89914 Requisition #The Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society (PACS) is a global interdisciplinary research center and publisher of the Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR). Stanford PACS develops and shares knowledge to improve philanthropy, strengthen civil society, and address societal challenges. By creating a shared space for scholars, students, and practitioners, Stanford PACS informs policy and social innovation, philanthropic investment, and nonprofit practice.Stanford PACS is home to 8 different research programs led by faculty members that represent a number of different disciplines and have appointments across five of the seven schools at Stanford. Research programs cover a wide range of topics focused on solving social problems, ranging from the role of digital technology and platforms in democratic decision making to aiding philanthropists in achieving their objectives most effectively. Affiliated faculty and scholars teach courses and seminars for undergraduates, masters and Ph.D. students. Topics range from philanthropy and civil society to governance, policy, and more. Additionally, Stanford PACS offers a number of PhD and postdoctoral fellowships to scholars across the social sciences, humanities, law, business, and engineering who are doing promising new research that will advance the study of civil society organizations and the role of philanthropy in promoting social change. Stanford PACS also hosts an annual Junior Scholars Forum that brings together researchers—including graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior faculty—from leading universities around the world. It provides an opportunity for scholars working in the areas of civil society and the nonprofit sector to participate in a cross-disciplinary intellectual community with the goal of enhancing the quality and visibility of research in these fields. In 2012 Stanford PACS launched its first international program in China with the aim to inform and connect academics and practitioners focused on the social impact sector in China. We host an annual conference each spring to explore topics related to philanthropy and social innovation and conduct China-focused research, provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to engage in cross-cultural exchange, and host learning expeditions to Stanford for Chinese philanthropists, foundation and nonprofit leaders. We work with the Leping Foundation to produce a Chinese language version of the Stanford Social Innovation Review and have partnered with the East Asia Library at Stanford University to host the first ever digital archive of Chinese NGOs. In 2016, Stanford PACS expanded its international footprint to Australia and India, and SSIR is currently being translated into 7 different languages. Stanford PACS seeks a Program Coordinator to help advance its efforts to provide a transformative experience to our scholar community, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a range of convening and learning opportunities for practitioners and policy makers around the globe. The Program Coordinator will report to the Deputy Director and as a key member of the Stanford PACS core team, provide exceptional and personalized support to faculty, students, and senior staff in all aspects of our scholar and global programs. S/he will contribute to the planning of convenings and other educational programming, develop and manage key partnerships, and ensure visibility with key audiences. The position requires a demonstrated interest in topics related to philanthropy and social innovation and some experience with planning and executing academic convenings. This position is a two-year fixed term. Fluency in one or several East Asian languages, Spanish or Portuguese is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate must be an excellent collaborator with an ability to work across disciplinary boundaries, contribute to team efforts and own team outcomes, be reliable and curious to learn, enjoy having a variety of daily responsibilities, have a positive and inclusive approach to teamwork, and help create a thriving culture and community for our students and scholars. Job Responsibilities
- Execute marketing and outreach strategies to meet program objectives.
- Implement marketing and outreach plans/activities to meet program objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Write, edit and schedule select marketing communications which adhere to communications and brand strategy for a variety of channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Manage the design and production of select marketing materials.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program/service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, audience segmentation and targeting.
- Assess opportunities and research trends in the global philanthropic sector.
- May plan and execute events to support program objectives.
- Monitor and oversee program budgets to meet program goals.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Previous experience in academic or nonprofit program outreach and marketing.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Familiarity with academic research centers and/or nonprofits/philanthropic foundations.
- Experience planning and executing large-scale conferences and events.
- Bilingual with proficiency in one or several East Asian languages, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4892
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89914