Educational Support Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Center Director or designee, the Educational Support Technician provides first level support for virtual learners accessing our Center’s Learning Management Systems (LMS) via telephone and e-mail, provides technical support and enhancements to our LMS content, and assists with enrollment, reporting and system maintenance activities. The Educational Support Technician II will also provide courteous, timely, and effective resolution of customer issues.Responsibilities
- Directly interface with virtual learners
- Receive and Respond to telephone, and e-mail requests in a responsive, courteous and professional manner
- Resolve semi-complex service issues in the LMS system
- Applies standard principles, concepts, and techniques toward the identification and resolution of semi-complex user problems with a high level of detail and accuracy
- Self-study to learn new LMS features on demand and then apply that knowledge to respond to customer questions
- Modify LMS content and settings as requested
- Assist with enrollment, reporting and LMS system maintenance activities including data archiving
- Ensure system adherence to compliance standards, e.g., Accessibility, PCI, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associates degree in relevant field or equivalent working experience
- 2 years of related experience in LMS systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to work well with people of all levels of expertise.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Technical acumen for LMS systems, preferably Moodle
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to accurately follow guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal supervision or direction