Assistant Director Student Media
014224Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesWorking Title:
Assistant Director Student MediaPosition Designation:
EHRA Non-FacultyEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeMonths per Year:
Monday-Friday, 8-5Hours per week:
Student Union Activities & Rec(Adm)Work Location:
Student UnionSalary Range:
$47,343Primary Purpose of Department:
Student Engagement is committed to cultivating equity and justice while building community and developing students’ knowledge and skills through experiential learning. The Student Niner Media Advising and Support unit supports this mission by providing students with the opportunity to develop and provide news and entertainment through various media created for the UNC Charlotte community.Primary Purpose of Position:
The Assistant Director for Student Niner Media Advising and Support is responsible for advising and providing administrative support to student media organizations, including but not limited to, the student newspaper; literary magazine; and audio, video and other technology media initiatives. The Assistant Director trains and advises student staff, supports and administers media technology and distribution, and provides leadership for departmental assessment efforts. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Student Niner Media Advising and Support.Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Provide training, advising, and development for the students within Student Niner Media.
- Provide support for production and distribution of media developed through Student Niner Media, including requisite technology for online media.
- Supervise student employees and interns.
- Provide organizational management and administration support for Student Niner Media organizations and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and coordination of departmental assessment efforts.
- Support organizational, divisional and institutional efforts to create and maintain equity and justice within the UNC Charlotte community.
• Master’s Degree in related field required, or Bachelor’s with equivalent experience
• Media experience that may include print and production, advertising, online, podcasting and/or video
• Higher education student media advising and training experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Operational knowledge of media technology and related trends
The finalist will be subject to a criminal background check.Posting Open Date:
06/09/2021Posting Close Date:
06/23/2021Open Until Filled:
NoProposed Hire Date: