USO Budget Analyst
Job Title: USO Budget Analyst
Location: System Office-Atlanta
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228700
The University System of Georgia (USG) is comprised of 26 higher education institutions as well as the University System Office (USO). Within the USO, our administrative operations are primarily housed in the Trinity Washington Building located in downtown Atlanta. Our Information Technology Services (ITS) division is located in Athens. The University System of Georgia Shared Services Center (SSC) is located in Sandersville. The Georgia Public Library System is located in Atlanta. The Georgia Archives is located in Morrow. The State of Georgia Records Center is located in Austell.Department Information The Office of Fiscal Affairs is now accepting applications for a Budget Analyst. This is a professional level position that performs data and policy analysis for budgetary and financial matters. This position supports the primary goals of the USO Budget Office by:
- Providing timely, accurate, and actionable information to decision-makers;Providing professional guidance and support to budget managers and administrative staff across the USG; andProviding oversight to ensure compliance with policy and procedure.
- Supports USO Budget Director in the day-to-day duties of the University System Office budget process.
- Monitors and tracks departmental budgets, identifies problems, and take corrective action.
- Processes budget journals for amendments and adjustments throughout the fiscal year.
- Corrects failed budget errors in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Develops financial projections and models.
- Creates budget reports for department managers.
- Supports position management: monitors and tracks personnel budget, identifies problems, initiates corrective action and follow-up in OneUSG Connect.
- Administrative workflow guidance; coordinates with administrative staff to ensure transmission and adoption of changes/updates in processes and procedures; develops and maintains administrative workflow procedures processes.
- Researches, reviews, analyzes, interprets, and reports a variety of data and information.
- Develops a variety of regular and special reports.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Performs related duties as assigned.Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required with a minimum of three years related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications Experience in fiscal or business operations within an institution of the University System of Georgia.Master's degree preferred with over three years of related program management experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience using PeopleSoft Financials within an institution of higher education.Required Documents to Attach
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education.
Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
Knowledge of best practices in higher education management.
Knowledge of computers and financial software programs.
Skill in written communication to executive and subject matter experts.
Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
Skill in decision making and problem solving.
Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Ability to work closely with members of a team.Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.