JOB SUMMARY: Perform highly skilled professional functions in the design and reporting of research projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
- Design quantitative and qualitative research studies, using knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of research design, methodologies, and statistics; use statistical methods to explore and analyze problems and predict future performance and/or policy implications to specific areas of study.
- Design effective survey instruments and coordinate all activities associated with the survey study including formatting, scanning, describing, analyzing, summarizing’ and presenting results. Monitor and collect research data to assess accuracy, validity, and reliability. Write reports highlighting key findings and conclusions, and make presentations of results.
- Conduct statistical analyses of data and interpret the results. Review and verify factors affecting data reliability, procedural integrity, coding accuracy, data security and related issues, input data and create spreadsheets and files for special projects sources.
- Create and maintain databases for research queries from a wide variety of internal and external sources. Respond to requests for data from internal and external sources.
- Provide customized reports, highlighting main findings and key points, and effectively communicate the results to the user both orally and in writing. Make recommendations based upon findings.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years applicable experience
- Experience conducting data analysis
- Experience presenting results of data analysis
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Experience writing SQL code
- Experience using report-building software such as Power BI, SSRS/Report Builder or Tableau
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Experience working at an institution of higher education
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of research design and methodology (Qualitative and Quantitative Research methods).
- Skills in statistical analysis.
- Skill in working with relational databases.
- Skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in analytical evaluation.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of organizational processes in a research office.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow compliance requirements.
SALARY: Entry salary $61,784.00 - $65,491.00 annual. (Dependent upon qualifications)
DEADLINE: June 27, 2021
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work.
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs. Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process. The level the background verification for this position is: Standard level.
The Talent Development Department is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.