Lead Radiology Image Mgmt Spec
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-08
Oversees the daily operations of Image Management activities and closure of customer complaints. Conducts Deviation Report investigations as required and performs support activities in assigned areas for consistency and smooth transition of the daily work flow. Responsible for management of images within the Picture Archival and Communication System (PACS). Responsible for maintaining accuracy of image data within PACS as compared to EPIC Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Maintains communication transfer documentation and evaluation of all imaging workflow within radiology. Performs general clerical functions as related to data entry for radiographic procedures through utilization of the PACS and Epic systems. Transfers and performs QA of electronic images from outside sources and places into production PACS as needed. Assist in training Image Management workflow functions.
- Maintains staffing level sufficient to provide quality customer service and the efficient operation of the assigned area.
- Performs various data entry and customer service functions and communicates feedback in order to ensure goals of the Department are met and operations run efficiently.
- Participates in the plans and needs of the Support Services Department of Radiology.
- Participates in various teaching and/or learning opportunities.
- Assists the Department Supervisor with performing various administrative functions including employee and customer relations and ensuring regulatory compliance and quality review in order to ensure the goals of the department are met.
- Supports PACS Epic and a2k3 systems in capturing required patient demographics and clinical data when ordering/retrieving radiographic procedures in the department of radiology and in specific locations or assigned areas.
- Electronic Transfer of outside images.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Associates degree (Bachelors preferred)
Experience: 4 years healthcare experience.
Licensure: None required.
Job requires sitting, standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping, climbing (ladder, steps) and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull > 100lbs. May be exposed to dust and noise.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.