RN/LPN/CMA/RMA Clinical Supervisor
Job location: Culpeper, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-09
The Clinical Office Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of the clinical staff of a practice (s) and assist the Office Manager as assigned. This position will, at certain times, independently manage the operations of a clinic.
- General supervision of clinical staff to include hiring, performance management, timesheet approval, employee requests and complaints. Responsible for evaluating and resolving employee issues and other work-related issues.
- Coordinate staff education, competency assessment, orientation, training, and cross-training of clinical staff. Work closely with Charge Nurse to address any deficiencies in staff competencies and ensure proper clinical standards are achieved.
- Assess staff performance and promote engagement. Responsible for evaluating staff engagement through assessment and action plan implementation to promote highly engaged teams.
- Create monthly work schedule for employees and manages employee leave requests.
- Personnel record maintenance.
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings to keep staff apprised of relevant information.
- Responsible for oversight of clinical staff charge capture activities to ensure revenue opportunities are maximized.
- Provides information to billing and coding requests related to clinical issues
- Assist in preparation of yearly budget
- Oversight of Petty Cash, Change Fund, timely bank deposits, and reconciliation monthly if applicable
- Responsible for supply ordering, setting and maintenance par levels, inventory control and cost containment
- Process vendor invoices for Accounts Payable process and process check requests as needed
- Assist as needed with maintenance of appointment schedule templates, updates and revisions based on physician preference
- Oversight of on-site laboratory testing. Assures all policies and procedures are in place, QC log books are maintained and current, and initial and annual competency is documented for all staff performing testing.
- Oversight of vaccine ordering, ensure correct administration processes by staff, track stock to ensure appropriate type of vaccine is administered based on insurance carrier, adherence to VVFC stock and administration guidelines.
- Works with PCS staff to ensure that providers and patient’s needs are being met in daily performance of clinical duties.
- Function as a Patient Care Specialist or Team Care Specialist as needed.
- Support practice operations with a focus on Lean principles and implementation of best practices
- Assist with maintenance and training of office, laboratory and medical equipment
- Respond to patient requests and complaints. Document in EMR and other required processes.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Responsible for establishing and participating in CPG and Corporate goals
- Maintain applicable records according to retention guidelines (UVA/UPG, HIPAA, CLIA/COLA, etc.)
- Act as an EPIC Superuser, attends webinars, provides implementation of system updates
- Liaison between practice and institutional resources
- Attend meetings as required
- Cover office operations when needed.
- Other duties as requested by management
High School Diploma or GED
2 years previous clinical experience
Supervisory experience preferred
Current Virginia RN or LPN License or current Virginia CMA/RMA Certificate (certification only from AAMA, AMT, NAHP, or NHA accepted)
Basic knowledge of and experience utilizing an EMR
Proficiency with computer skills
Busy medical office environment. The incumbent will be working in a office and patient examination room and is required to help move patients when needed and standing during portions of the physical examination. Physical activity required would include the ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50 pounds, and would involve standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as frequently bending/stooping and traveling. Physical hazards include potential exposure to body fluids and associated pathogens/infectious disease, as well as potential exposure to chemicals. Weekend and Evening work hours required.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.