Managed Services Leader
IT Service ManagementDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking a Managed Services Leader responsible for management and continuous improvement of infrastructure, operations, and support for their clients. The Managed Services Leader works with clients to evaluate fit with UITS enterprise offerings and when appropriate, deliver solutions tailored to meet unique customer needs for system administration, application administration, file management, or IT consultation. This position is responsible to lead a team of systems engineers in managing and supporting these infrastructure solutions. A wide degree of leadership and autonomy is expected as well as expertise in developing appropriate cost structures and managing financial resources to ensure alignment between costs and expenses.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus’ wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build positive relationships with client organizations, providing strategic direction and ongoing management and support of client’s solutions.
- In collaboration with UITS and client teams, identify and implement service offerings in alignment with UITS scope of work that enable client’s business outcomes.
- Direct and participate in regular account reviews, including development of key performance indicators to ensure delivery meets service levels agreements.
- Analyze operational and financial performance indicators to monitor and address trends, containing operating expenses and managing within budget.
- Manage a team of staff responsible for administration of technical systems, including setup, maintenance, and support of customer environments. Accountable for planning and evaluating performance, staff training and development, and recruitment assistance.
- Evaluate industry trends as well as UITS direction for potential impact on service offerings.
- Work with UITS MarCom team to develop effective communication regarding service offerings, best practices, changes in processes, and soliciting input for content in the knowledge base.
- Monitor communication channels to answer questions and facilitate peer to peer support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment ensuring solutions meet the needs of a diverse and broad audience.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Expert knowledge of IT principles, theories and concepts.
- Ability to multitask and possess strong time management skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at multiple levels.
- Ability to appropriately implement policies and procedures for supported products.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
•Experience in supporting Active Directory, AWS, Azure, and Systems Administration
•Experience with UArizona systems and hardware.
•Experience in support and administration of technology platforms.
•Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly.
•Strong customer service skills.
•Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
•Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
•Proven organizational and time management skills.
•Demonstrated ability in working independently and within a team environment.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
11Career Stream and Level:
IT Relationship MgmtJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/8/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach an additional document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor)Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.