Applications Development Analyst II
Infra & Foundational TechDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
University Information Technology Services (UITS) is looking for the ServiceNow ITSM (IT Service Management) Applications Development Analyst II to design, build, deliver, and maintain technology solutions that enhance research, learning, and operations. This position provides expertise in technology strategy, policies, plans, architecture, deployment, and maintenance of the University's applications, systems, and hardware infrastructure for security and ongoing end user services. The ServiceNow ITSM Applications Analyst installs, configures, administers, supports and maintains servers, operating systems and other related applications. Also, plans and designs server and storage configurations.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus’ wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installs, configures, and maintains SaaS ITSM solutions in support of business requirements.
- Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of SaaS platforms to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, security, and configuration guidelines.
- Participates in strategic analysis and data gathering from internal and external clients and other sources.
- Provides expert level consulting, coordination and facilitation of ITSM for large scale and complex deployments.
- Organizes and manages project phases to ensure satisfactory and timely completion of deliverables.
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in requirements gathering and reviews.
- Collaborates with other teams to develop detailed work plans, schedules, estimates and status reports.
- Articulates, develops and models the end user experience, including the visual design of the application, to make user interaction simple, efficient, and consistent.
- Submits work orders to appropriate work group, service vendor, or agency.
- Develop improvements in policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Mentors and trains junior level employees to include student workers.
- Serves as 1st-level escalation point of contact for customer conflicts or workflow resolutions.
- Works collaboratively with project managers and business analysts to deliver ITSM to campus.
- Supports team systems, tools, websites, and does back-office maintenance.
- Reports statistical analysis to project managers, business analysts, and UITS leadership as needed.
- Functions as Lead analyst for ServiceNow and other IT Service Management platforms as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work on challenges and opportunities that are strategic in nature, are varied, and involve evaluation and interpretation. Problems mayrequirethe development of new approaches, methods or techniques, requiring significant innovation and creativity.
- Works to influence within and outside of job function regarding policies, standards and processes.To perform role, communication occurs within the division and department, and externally as well. Requires the ability to communicate with management and leadership.
- Work is performed with moderate guidance. Work is reviewed to ensure objectives are met.
- General knowledge of ITSM or ITIL principles, theories, and concepts. Is competent in all job functions and has general understanding of the industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug application issues.
- Ability to work individually and part of a team.
- Ability to technically lead others.
- Ability to work remotely if required.
- Ability to work and communicate with users and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to occasionally do work outside normal business hours for system upgrades, new releases, and custom configurations.
- Ability to provide on-call and off-hours production support in rotation with other staffs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Three or more years of significant and relevant, professional experience and possesses all required knowledge and skills to include systems administration and/or applications development.
- Applicants be proficient with one or more enterprise IT ticketing platform such as Cherwell, ServiceNow, Salesforce, Remedy etc.
- Has knowledge of services and products of a Higher Education IT Department.
- Highly proficient with Office and other applications and collaboration tools (E.g.: MS Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Google Suite, MS Visio, Slack, etc.).
- OR, any equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Experience with ServiceNow (ITSM & ITOM).
•Be able to work and productive working remotely, within Arizona, to include being proficient with collaboration tools (Slack, Teams, Zoom) and be available for web/video meetings (planned and ad hoc).
•Experience with Java and/or Oracle.
•Experience writing integrations between systems using flat files, API’s, etc.
•Experience with collaborative tools such as Jira, Slack, Git, Confluence, and Zoom.
•Applicants have 2 or more years’ experience conducting systems administration with ServiceNow ITSM. A ServiceNow CSA certification is highly-preferred.
•Applicants have experience with ITSM, CMDB, and/or CSDM.
•Applicants be proficient with the Pinnacle telecommunications management information system (TMIS).
•Experience around customer service management or field service management is also acceptable.
•Applicants have 2 or more years IT project management/coordination work experience.
•Applicants have scripting/coding experience (namely Java Script).
•Database Analyst experience preferred including proficiency in one or more of the following database systems: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Splunk, and/or AWS DynamoDB.
•2-year technical degree or 4-year degree in information systems, computer networking, or computer science.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Applications DevelopmentJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/4/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach a document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor)Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.