James C Wyant Coll Optical SciDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The James C. Wyant College of Optical Sciences at the University of Arizona is currently seeking applicants to fill an Accountant position. This position is a critical part of the college business office. The position plays a pivotal role in managing faculty funding plans, account management, and monitoring budgets in a complex research and academic setting. The candidate must become well versed with University and University of Arizona Foundation policies and procedures to effectively provide guidance to college community. This position requires great attention to detail. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
Please note: Due to ITAR/EAR restrictions all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or hold permanent resident status.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage post award activity for complex research awards with specific terms and conditions. Must be able to read and understand terms and conditions of sponsored research.
- Provide monthly financial reports to faculty and actively engage with the faculty to discuss spending plans to ensure sponsored accounts are spent out according to the awarded budget.
- Responsible for reviewing high volume operational transactions to ensure college compliance with University and federal policies. Multi-task, take initiative, manage time effectively, and be self-motivated to effectively work in a fast paced environment. Verify accuracy and completeness of expenditures and encumbrances; investigate any discrepancies and identify solutions.
- Process operational transactions such as position distributions,payroll payment requests, salary expense transfer,service billings, cash receipts, general error corrections, etc
- Directly works with Admin Staff with any updates in funding changes for PI's, UA policy changes, financial trainings, etc
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or in related field; or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Due to ITAR/EAR restrictions the all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or hold permanent resident status.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience is required.
- Previous experience working with sponsored research post award accounts or complex research awards.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
FinanceType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.