IT Business Analyst IV
Student & Acad TechnologiesDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
University Information Technology Services (UITS), is accepting applications for a Business Analyst, Principal to support the Student Records module within UAccess Student. The Business Analyst, Principal is part of a team which provides functional support for various systems and/or applications, by being a liaison between business users and the technical team to analyze, develop and implement complex processes to provide the most efficient methods or procedures. They will coordinate the process of defining, investigating and solving problems related to administrative systems and special projects with an emphasis on user-centered solutions. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The University is committed to training the successful candidate in the systems being supported. The Business Analyst, Principal will work directly with the Office of the Registrar, the Curriculum Office, and the UITS technical team in the optimization of business processes and UAccess systems to improve services for new and continuing students.
This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, coordinates, monitors and reviews the work of assigned personnel during all phases of the project team's work and coordinates the planning, development and presentation of training programs for users of administrative systems.
- Advises management personnel during process of planning, directing and coordinating operational or procedural matters to meet project goals and objectives.
- Develops system design for new or revised administrative systems; documents and analyzes input/output requirements, procedural flow between departments/divisions, operational audits and organizational structures.
- Analyzes the adequacy and effectiveness of practices and policies; develops new procedures and policies including user documents and forms.
- Prepares business cases explaining and recommending alternative solutions to business problems.
- Creates uses cases, conducts fit gap analysis and develops functional requirement specifications.
- Coordinates extensive studies to assist user in evaluating the potential for automating existing or proposed work functions or processes and assesses the feasibility of creating or modifying administrative systems to meet user requirements.
- Determines whether current policies, practices and internal controls are adequate to meet management objectives and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Confers with vendors to resolve questions and problems and consults with and advises users in the selection and use of computing options.
- Reviews, evaluates and documents existing programs and systems to identify and recommend the means of integrating systems extending across organizational or functional lines.
- Leads meetings to encourage interaction and the exchange of ideas across organizations to facilitate solutions to administrative issues.
- Acts as a project leader on medium to large sized projects.
- Conducts unit testing to ensure system upgradesand/or modifications are functioning as specified.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- OR, any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and/or experience with relevant student records policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting user needs analysis, and in performing systems analysis.
- Knowledge of automated and manual management information systems.
- Knowledge of forms design and procedures development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop effective solutions for organizational problems.
- Skill in planning, organizing and directing project team members to meet goals and objectives.
- Skill in facilitating group and cross functional meetings.
- Skill in coordinating the development and presentation of user oriented training programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
An understanding of the student experience as it pertains to the life cycle of a student from admission, orientation, enrollment, and degree progress through graduation.
• Experience in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions: Academic Structure, Student Records and Campus Community module areas.
• Direct experience with higher education and related business principles.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
11Career Stream and Level:
IT Business AnalysisJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/9/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please upload an example of a functional specification, or some form of procedural document you have created for a past or current position.
Please upload a document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor)Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.