Analyst, Data III
Student & Acad TechnologiesDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking a Data Analyst III to support data management and analytic strategies and processes within the context of the University’s Enterprise CRM program.
The Data Analyst III will work with the Data Strategy Manager to support Enterprise CRM data management, data quality efforts, and contribute to product and program reporting for Trellis products. The incumbent will need to work across a technology stack to create comprehensive solutions as well as facilitate collaboration among appropriate stakeholders to build shared understanding, negotiate solution paths, and develop buy-in for new institutional approaches. The incumbent's experience thinking critically about data generation, collection, analysis, and mobilization will be an asset to this role, and the ability to execute on necessary solutions will be critical to the success of this position.
The University of Arizona’s recently approved strategic plan (https://strategicplan.arizona.edu/ ) outlines a bold vision for University’s role in leading research innovation and knowledge creation in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR). The Enterprise CRM program will serve a critical role in enabling this vision by providing the foundation for optimizing University’s relationships with students, alumni, industry and government partners, and our communities. The Data Analyst will be on the ground floor of launching this mission critical initiative.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the product team to define and report KPI/metrics for each product within the team’s portfolio.
- Work with the technical team and product team leadership, conduct quantitative analysis of data on user experiences within delivered platforms (e.g., collected from GTM) to inform product development.
- Work with the product team to develop assessment strategy, and support quantitative analysis and reporting in product definition activities (e.g., surveys).
- Extract, manage, and analyze data retrieved from UA centralized and distributed data sources (e.g., UAccess Analytics, Salesforce data, local data sources).
- Manage and analyze data through the use of Excel (pivot tables, statistical functions, etc.), R, Python, or other statistical analysis software while ensuring data integrity.
- Build data models that can be leveraged to present tool-based insights about factors such as student risk, performance, etc.
- Prepare visualizations of data to explain, persuade, and tell a compelling story about the products/program.
- Respond to team requests for assistance with assessment-related activities or for help interpreting data.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required; OR
- Associate degree and minimum of 7 years of relevant experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and outcome-driven environment.
- Outstanding communication skills. Write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas to constituents and
- team members.
- Ability to create data visualizations to tell a succinct story.
- Ability to apply complex logical reasoning to inform decision making.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting, particularly statistical analysis.
•Master’s degree in related field
•Enthusiasm and hunger to grow new technical skills for delivering analytic solutions
•Systems thinker with ability to execute well in the details.
•Experience working in Higher Education is a plus.
•Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages including Excel, R, Python, etc.
•Comfortable working in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
•Proficient with recent digital platforms including working knowledge of CRM and Marketing Automation tools; Salesforce experience is a plus.
•Experience with writing complex queries against a relational database in a common query language (e.g. PL-SQL, T-SQL, etc.).
•Understanding of higher education data models and student information systems data structures; knowledge of PeopleSoft is a plus.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Planning and AnalysisBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Data AnalysisJob Function:
Planning & AnalysisType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/9/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach a document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor)Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.