Records Assistant II (Multiple Positions)
Office of the RegistrarDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
As a member of the Office of the Registrar, Registration and Student Services team, the Academic Records Specialist will provide excellent service for students, faculty, staff and the public. The Academic Records Specialist will review and resolve student requests that are received through email, chat or in-person. This position will be available to support the student services area with answering phones, processing a variety of registration related forms and requests, transcript requests, , and updating student records as needed. This position may be asked to assist with training and supporting student workers.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the academic record. Serving all students, faculty, academic units, and student support functions; the Office is charged with the implementation of academic and student policies and their alignment to state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. The Office strives to be a leader and thought partner in creating efficient processes that are designed in a way that supports student success and service excellence.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in resolving issues and answering questions sent to office through a variety of methods.
- Process registration requests including butnot limited to: Change of Schedule, 500 Level Petition, Advanced Status, Credit By Exam, Proficiency Exam, Change of Personal Information, Authorization for Release of Information forms, Enrollment Verifications/Letters, Academic Renewal, Leave of Absence. Use knowledge of University of Arizona and Office of the Registrar websites and policies to support students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Answer phone and chat and assist student workers with answering questions as needed
- Assist with special verifications including National Student Clearinghouse, degree verifications , and fulfilling subpoenas
- Assist with processing transcript requests
- Use and update department Business Process Guides
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills andAbilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient grammar and writing abilities
- Ability to work well in teams and groups
- Ability to be adaptable
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe products
- Customer service experience
- Bachelors degree
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Registration & RecordsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
6/16/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/9/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.