Job Title: Office Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228637
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization is required and a minimum of four years' progressively responsible office support experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Support for all Faculty,Staff,students as needed.
- All AU, AU Medical Center, and AU Medical Associates positions are responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service as a part of their job.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical skills and the ability to prioritize tasks. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, make independent decisions with only general supervision. Ability to complete work accurately and to meet deadlines. High level of integrity and accountability for the work they produce. The ability to effectively train and educate others on department processes. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, PeopleSoft financials and working knowledge of AU and BOR policies and procedures.
- Purchasing decisions to best meet the needs of the department within set guidelines. Which CFC to pull expenses from based on the departments needs and set regulations. These decisions greatly impact the department over-all budget and
- Manage all department accounts daily as required, input and maintain all department CFC account records (Debits, Credits & Transfers) using Department approved Excel Tables. Generate monthly People Soft Financial reports for each CFC on the Department Crosswalk. Reconcile all credits/debits for each CFC via excel ledgers & reports; troubleshoot errors found and verify corrections are made monthly. Reconcile P ear Bank of America statement monthly via transactions logs and documentation. After reconciling department faculty accounts, email a snip-it of each faculty ledger to them, requesting their review & approval. Communicate balances monthly to the Department Chair, Manager and Administration.Conduct monthly CFC ledger and document audits of the following resident programs: Advanced Education in General Dentistry, General Practice Residency, and Advanced Education in Graduate Prosthodontics, record findings and communicate to each programs' support admin.
- Point of contact for department purchasing. Review CFC account ledgers to ensure funds are available prior to making purchases. Submit Budget Transfer Requests with the approval of the Department Manager. Make purchases via People Soft Financials Requisition System and/or P-Card ensuring all documentation and policies are followed carefully. Track department stocked supplies, purchase supplies as needed to maintain necessary levels. Provide purchasing support for the Dental Materials lab and project/grants as requested. Request quotes, place special orders, set up new venders via the Controllers Division Purchasing Department as needed.
- Process approved employee-paid expenses for reimbursement and/or request payment for invoices received via check requests (Accounts payable & Foundation). Process Inter-Department Requests as needed for AU Continuing Education registrations. Ensure all expenses are logged on the correct CFC ledgers.
- Point of contact for faculty travel requests processing following approval by the Chair. Ensure department travel request forms are used and that travel has been pre-approved via the department schedule. Prepare and process all department travel documentation within a timely manner and ensure all appropriate signatures are accounted for (TA's, TE's, Memo's, and OPA's). Ensure the Controller's Division Travel Office receives documentation and that reimbursements are issued in a timely manner. Take a pro-active approach to completing all documents to expedite the process for faculty reimbursement.
- Facilitate and complete the department's annual inventory audit. Assign sections of the department inventory by area to support admin and physically view all items on the inventory list. Maintain property loan agreements and important equipment data that may be needed for the audit. Request tags for new equipment items. Troubleshoot inventory issues and submit the annual inventory to Asset Management.
- Maintain the department UPS account for priority shipping. Create and print labels as requested by the Department Manager. Point of contact for daily packages and mail receiving and distribution. Maintain daily documentation records in the Department BOX account in accordance with Department, DCG, and AU & BOR Policy for the following: Account Ledgers, Account Reconciling Documents, Purchase Documents, Reimbursement Documents, Inventory Documents, Shipping Documents, Travel Documents, P-Card Documents, and all other documentation required. Support for administrative aspects of Restorative Sciences preclinical and clinical course activities as assigned. Including supporting the construction of the departmental schedule.
- Perform general office duties such as: answering the phone, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, and filing. Maintain assigned AU email- outlook calendar. Organize Department Events and Fundraisers. Point of contact for all catering requests and reimbursements. Serve as the treasurer for the Department Events Committee. Act as the Department Manager as required. Maintain working knowledge of Excel, People Soft financials, Works, and any other AU programs that are required to carry out job duties. Attend Financials related training programs to stay informed on policy changes. Create and present tutorials for faculty, residents and staff training in the areas of accounts, purchasing, p-card, travel, project/grants, and inventory. Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.