Job Title: Communications/Service Officer
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228565
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Working knowledge of the current Augusta University policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Georgia laws, regulations, and procedures concerning law enforcement dispatching
- Knowledge of Federal Communication's Rules and Regulations
- GA Post Certification
- Responsible for receiving and responding properly to emergency and non-emergency calls from patrol officets, other law enforcement agencies, the general public and Augusta university faculty/staff and students.Responsible for entering, viewing and retrieving vital information from the Police computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system, NCIC/GCIC system, Banner and other systems/programs.Responsible for the following of proper policies and procedures when handling emergency and non-emergency calls.Check areas for unsecured buildings and offices; if found unlocked, area is then secured by public safety officer; a report is filled concerning this incident. ln secured areas, verify identification before admitting personnel. Check alarmed experiment areas, notify personnel in charge of any unusual circumstances.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Pay Grade: 10
Salary: $13.20 - $13.61/Hourly
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the
Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.