Health Center Coordinator
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-09
Job Description SummaryProvide direct health care to Saint Leo University students and community as part of the Student Health Center team. Serve on a variety of University committees including the emergency response team. The Health Center Coordinator will serve as the medical liaison between Saint Leo University and health center vendor partner in support of the Vice President of Student Affairs.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Assess patients before provider enters, documents physical findings as reported by provider, and follows treatment plan of provider or established protocol if provider requests.
- Assist providers in the care of patients by preparing the patient for examination, instructing the patient regarding medical procedures, and providing appropriate nurse assessment data and vital signs.
- Provide direct patient care at the RN level or above as qualified and assist provider with examinations, treatment procedures, and emergencies.
- Maintain medical records, both manual and electronic, and scan clinical charts to electronic health record as needed.
- Serve as the University’s health professional on site during all emergencies and special occasions (i.e. hurricane shelters, Commencement)
- Initiate in-house tests, following established protocols; notify provider of results.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the provider.
- Prepare lab specimens for processing, including entering patient’s demographic information, insurance information, and diagnosis in system of record.
- Prepare instruments and other medical supplies for sterilization.
- Perform pharmaceutical duties including ordering, stocking, labeling, and accounting for all medications and supplies.
- Assist in removing of expired medications from stock and properly disposing of them.
- Maintain and restock instruments and medical supplies on a daily basis, other lab supplies as needed.
- Recognize underlying psychological and emotional problems of patients, and take appropriate action, including alerting provider, university safety, and/or the counseling center.
- Facilitate and assess campus health promotion initiatives.
- Oversee department marketing materials and ensure current and valid information is maintained in support of the vendor partner.
- Complete professional development such as CPR recertification, training in new techniques and procedures, and continuing education to maintain licensure requirements as required.
- Responsible for various administrative functions of the office including ordering supplies, establishing purchase orders and requisitions, within the operational needs of the vendor partner.
- Participate in orientation of other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Florida.
- CPR certification.
- Five to Seven years nursing experience, emergency room or outpatient clinical experience desired.
- Five or more years of office management and supervisory experience.
- Strong combination of skills in strategic planning, communication, and coordination.
- Collaborative skills to work effectively with faculty, staff, senior leadership, and students.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong personal initiative, innovation, and self-motivation.
- Ability to manage interpersonal communication in a team environment.
- Ability to balance many tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time and stress for self and others.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who can perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
This job description intends to represent the types of duties and responsibilities required of positions given this title. It shall not be construed as a declaration of any particular position's total specific duties and responsibilities. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period