Graduate Assistant, Softball
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-09
Job Description SummaryThe assistant/graduate assistant provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division II Softball program including; student-athlete recruitment, match preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and match coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
· Implementing and coordinating the recruitment process.
· Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
· Instructing and supervising practices and player conditioning
· Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within Softball program
· Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
· Assist with the administrative functions with the women’s intercollegiate softball program:
· Coordinating travel for team trips, recruiting and official visits.
· Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes
· Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
· Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
· Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
· Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community service activities.
· Promote the University’s core values to student’s, co-workers and university community.
· Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
· Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of coaching softball tactics and techniques
· Leadership skills
· Well-developed interpersonal communication skills to deal with recruits and their parents
· Valid Driver’s License
· Ability to motivate student-athletes
· Ability to effectively work with collegiate student-athletes
· Ability to recruit student athletes
· Demonstrated ability to use computer programs
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period