Graduate Assistant for Men's Lacrosse
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-09
Job Description SummaryThe assistant/graduate assistant coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division II Men’s Lacrosse program including; student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and game day coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Implementing and coordinating the recruitment process.
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
- Instructing and supervising practices and player conditioning
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the Men’s Lacrosse program
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
- Assist with the administrative functions with the women’s intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse program:
- Coordinating travel for team trips, recruiting and official visits.
- Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes
- Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
- Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
- Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community service activities.
- Promote the University’s core values to student’s, co-workers and university community.
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Follow all University, Conference and NCAA policies, procedures and rules.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of coaching Men’s Lacrosse tactics and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- NCAA rules and compliance
- Leadership skills
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills to deal with recruits and their parents
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to motivate student-athletes
- Ability to effectively work with collegiate student-athletes
- Ability to recruit student athletes
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period