Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-08
Job Description SummaryThe Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach provides expertise, guidance, and training to assigned intercollegiate athletic teams in the areas of strength development, physical conditioning, speed and agility, and injury prevention.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Design, implement, and oversee strength and conditioning for assigned athletic teams.
- Coordinate schedules for assigned athletic teams’ strength and conditioning sessions.
- Assist with maintenance and overall image of the fitness center.
- Maintain accurate records regarding strength, speed, and power development.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of equipment and enforce safety procedures.
- Make recommendations to the Assistant Athletic Director for Strength and Conditioning for departmental improvement.
- Coordinate activities with the athletic training staff for required rehabilitative programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Strength and Conditioning and/or Vice President/Director of Athletics.
- Will require an early morning work schedule at times.
- Lifting weights of forty-five pounds and/or greater on a daily basis.
- Ability to demonstrate various exercise techniques.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university or college. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Previous experience as a collegiate strength and conditioning coach.
- NSCA (CSCS) or CSCCa (SCCC) certified.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required.
- Proven communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to balance requests of various programs
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs (Microsoft Office).
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period