Wells College seeks qualified candidates for the position of Database Administer. This key positions provides database management services, intranet administration, and report writing activities for the campus administrative systems. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, analyze, and modify server and client database systems for various applications. Works with users to define system requirements and resolve problems.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the user community on the daily operational use of the JICS system.
- Performs systems analysis and programming activities to establish and implement new or upgraded systems and programs.
- Manages all activities related to the operations and maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Jenzabar EX: including account creation and maintenance, database monitoring and tuning, system backup/restore, data imports/exports/extracts, peripheral equipment, updates systems and disaster recovery documentation, printing, and other database administration and maintenance.
- Forecasts hardware and software needs, and works with other information systems areas to develop policies and procedures and to resolve technical problems.
- Collaborates with the IT team to offer suggestions for network, software and hardware purchases or upgrades.
- Responsible for developing and implementing standards, procedures, and controls that ensure the security, integrity, availability, and reliability of databases.
- Installs hotfixes, patches, and software upgrades in a timely manner.
- Provides training on ERP system use, and troubleshoots problems encountered by users.
- Investigates, designs, generates, and manages the production of consistent, accurate, and timely reports to support management decision-making, fundraising, and federal and state legal requirements.
Successful candidate will possess strong experience with relational databases (esp. Microsoft SQL), integration across platforms, and knowledge of report-writing software required. Jenzabar EX, Technolutions Slate, and Appeon InfoMaker experience. Web administration preferred. Bachelors’ degree and at least 4 years of experience in an integrated ERP system required. Must be able to work independently and also in groups.
Wells College is a small coeducational liberal arts college located in the village of Aurora, New York, which offers family-friendly living within a half hour's drive of Ithaca and within a 75-minute radius of Rochester, Syracuse and numerous other colleges and universities – an area rich in natural, educational and cultural resources. In this search, Wells College wishes to reinforce its commitment to increase faculty and staff diversity, recognizing that to provide a diverse learning environment is to prepare students for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The College offers a variety of benefits including health insurance, life insurance, supplemental life, spousal life, dependent life, dental insurance, vision plan, EAP, long term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with TIAA-CREF, 12 paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave, course attendance, and dependent tuition benefits.
Applications should be submitted online at www.wells.edu/employment and include a cover letter, résumé, and the names and contact information of three references. All materials submitted should be in PDF. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.