Sr Plant Financial Analyst
Sr Plant Financial Analyst
The Senior Plant Financial Analyst contributes to the fulfillment of the university’s mission and vision through administration andanalysis of Plant Fund, to include capital, bond, and investment accounting andreporting for the University ofToledo and its hospital. The Senior Plant Financial Analyst responsibilities include but are not limited to: analyzing and reconciling expense, bond, and investment documentations and accounts; ensuring proper accounting and reporting requirements are met; verifying records are accurate and in compliance; and maintainingexpertise in and implementing governmental GAAP with the primary emphasis on automating and documenting the processes.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, related business or public administration.
- Requires working knowledge of governmental GAAP and annual reporting requirements.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Business, or other related field and CPA or CGFM preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in Accounting, Auditing or Finance.
- 1 year experience in supervision or management preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, accounting applications, system querycapabilities, complex PC based spreadsheet and data base softwarefor analyzing and forecasting required.
- Requires a “Can Do” attitude with the ability to manage multipleprojects, produce high quality work within established timeframes, and problem solve.
- Requires strong research, communication (written and verbal), andcustomer service skills.
- Must be independent, detail-oriented and hands-on.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Experience in a large university, hospital and/or governmental/non-profit organization preferred.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.