The Locksmith 2 installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services mechanical lockingdevices, using hand tools and special equipment. Able to perform minor repairson electrical locking devices. Disassembles locks, such as padlocks, safelocks, and door locks, and repairs or replaced worn parts. Able to pin new orexisting cores. Cuts new or duplicate keys using key cutting machine. Openslocks by drilling when necessary. Assists with records of locks and keys. Theincumbent is responsible for meeting work schedules and service requests, byproviding effective and efficient maintenance workmanship and leadership.
This position works under general supervision of the appropriatejourneyman and/or the Manager of Structural Maintenance to perform skilled maintenancework.
Qualifications/Knowledge,Skills & Abilities:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent GED; Two years’ trade school preferred.
- Must have at least 3 (three) years of hands-on experience in this field; Locksmith certification required
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties. Including ability to lift up to 50 lbs., works well with hands, and work with close tolerance. Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must possess verbal communication skills necessary to provide excellent customer service.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and insurability under UT driving policies required.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.