HRIS Analyst-Illinois Human Resources (147590)
Illinois Human Resources
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Systems Support and Training
- Serve as functional subject matter expert (SME) in the implementation, configuration and maintenance of human resource applications, using design widgets and tools.
- Coordinate resolution of system and process issues related to HRIS applications, enhancements and/or upgrades amongst functional and technical experts.
- Communicate system changes to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and conduct training, in a variety of formats, in HRIS systems for functional users across campus.
- Create and maintain user guides, manuals, job aides etc.
- Assist the HRIS Manager to analyze, assess and mitigate the impact of application version upgrades and patches on functional HR processes.
- Coordinate end user testing of applications’ functionality against HR functional area requirements.
- Assist the HRIS Manager to define, document and coordinate upgrades to processes and workflows in response to HR functional initiatives or new/existing legal requirements.
- Assist in process improvement efforts.
- Develop and maintain recurring reporting solutions for select customers.
- Provide data driven reports based upon customer requests as directed by the HRIS Manager.
- Maintain data integrity and engaging in regular data cleanup efforts.
- Participate in projects relating to system analysis and design, implementation, testing and maintenance of various HR systems.
- Provide expertise to various projects in conjunction with the HRIS Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a field closely related to the position.
- Two years of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties.
- Experience working with HRIS systems/applications as a functional user.
- Experience documenting, analyzing, and suggesting improvements of HR processes and policies.
- Experience identifying and addressing customer needs, excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Experience in reporting and working with data sets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Independent decision-making ability that reflects good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments to produce accurate, detail-oriented work while meeting stringent deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Human Resource Associate position appointed on a -month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by June 23, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Felice Long-Lewis at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Chancellor Category:2-Administrative Title:HRIS Analyst-Illinois Human Resources (147590) Open Date:06/09/2021 Close Date:06/23/2021 Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations