Director of Design Group-Veterinary Medicine Administration (146804)
Director of Design Group
College of Veterinary Medicine
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Primary Position Function /Summary
Provide creative/Innovative direction and expertise in graphic design to facilitate support for instruction through online instructional/interactive web sites, animations and print projects and departmental websites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the general operations of The Design Group in support of the teaching, research, and service programs of the College of Veterinary Medicine and other campus units.
- Determine goals for the unit, promote and market the unit's services within the College and across campus.
- Monitor the quality of products and services produced by The Design Group. Supervise. prioritize and manage workloads for the staff of The Design Group. Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Estimate and manage project costs, timelines and budgets, provide regular management reports. Establish policies and procedures for services and administrative functions. Authorize financial transactions/purchases for the unit.
- Collaborate with Department heads and faculty to develop/initiate projects to assist the faculty in their teaching endeavors, instructional and research needs, as well as for the service programs of the College. This includes, but is not limited to, illustrations, animations, websites, online interactive activities, promotional items, displays and signage.
- Direct the development of innovative online tools, e.g. Augmented Reality, designed to provide advance-staged instructional methods. Create web sites and graphics to deliver all Core Curriculum website materials online.
- Advise senior-level college management on presentation and publication materials.
- Manage revenue-generating projects as well as non-revenue generating college projects to ensure the viability of the unit with adequate generated revenue.
- Promote professional staff development to stimulate creativity and quality assurance by remaining current with the latest software and techniques, and aware of the everchanging web regulations to ensure the continued success of the unit.
- Represent the College in a professional positive manner in all interactions with the public, outside vendors, contractors, and University staff thus minimizing conflict and disruptions to operations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
- Two years of professional work experience in graphic design, marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related professional area.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Five years’ experience in graphic design or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with computer software and traditional medical for producing graphic designs.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Illustrator.
- Proficiency with understanding print layouts and typography.
- Knowledge of layout and typography.
- Knowledge of university branding and visual identity standards.
- Ability to stimulate and utilize creative expertise of personnel in unit.
Normal office setting.Allergies to hay, straw or animal dander may cause discomfort based on the location within the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Salary and Appointment Information
This is a full-time Civil Service Marketing Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Starting date is as soon as possible after closing date.
Applications must be received by June 23, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following required documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding this vacancy, contact Valerie Eaton at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Veterinary Medicine Category:2-Administrative Title:Director of Design Group-Veterinary Medicine Administration (146804) Open Date:06/09/2021 Close Date:06/23/2021 Organization Name:Vet Medicine Administration