Visiting Wellness Manager - Public Affairs (147232)
Visiting Wellness Manager
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has a lot of stories to tell. From Nobel Prize-winning theories to biomedical innovations to the birthplace of special education and accessibility standards, we have a 154-year tradition as a place where people refuse to accept “that’s just how it is” as a suitable reason to stop asking hard questions. This is a university that forces the world to redefine the word “impossible” on a regular basis.
We’re now looking for someone with the talent, drive and passion to help transform the campuswide coordination of the University mental health and wellness initiatives, helping people connect with resources and with each other in meaningful and impactful ways.
As part of the Public Affairs team, the Visiting Wellness Manager will play a crucial role in the development, implementation and management of centralized mental health and wellness initiatives for the University. This position is also responsible for directing the Wellness Ambassador Program activities.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The Visiting Wellness Manager is responsible for developing, launching and managing central mental health and wellness initiatives helping faculty, staff and students connect with resources and with each other in meaningful and impactful ways, as well as gathering analytics and using them to guide communication and education strategies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, launch and serve as project manager for the mental health and wellness resources “Self-Help Groups” for all members of the university community. It is anticipated that 6-20 groups could be created in the 2021-22 academic year.
- Build, launch and serve as project manager for the mental health and wellness resources “Faculty Ambassador Program” for the university community. It is anticipated that 3-5 resources could be created in the 2021-22 academic year.
- Provide communications and project management support to the University Mental Health and Wellbeing Task Force to improve support across campus.
- Work with assessment staff in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and the Office of the Provost to gather and analyze data on mental health efforts.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Wellness Ambassador program that supports the university’s health and wellbeing efforts.
- Lead Wellness Ambassador Program training and meetings.
- Recruit, select and train approximately 30 ambassadors.
- Schedule, coordinate supplies, process timesheets and handle other administrative duties.
- Work closely with the Director of Academic Communications on key public affairs projects.
- Advise and assist with crisis response and issues management of wellness-related topics as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of higher education and its processes and operations.
- Experience working with student organizations/groups.
- One-year project management experience.
- Bachelor’s in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- Experience in wellness efforts, ideally at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Ability to interact with senior administrative and academic officials, exhibiting high degrees of professionalism at all times.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with communications and marketing in a public, higher educational setting.
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to be self-motivated, work independently, exercise good judgment and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work independently and to exercise excellent judgment and discretion, especially in the handling of confidential and/or sensitive issues and information.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Must exercise excellent judgment and discretion, especially in the handling of confidential and/or sensitive issues and information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
This is a full-time, visiting academic professional, 12-month position subject to the continued availability of funding and programmatic need. The expected start date is as soon as possible after June 23, 2021 Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by June 23, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
- Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
- Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
- Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, you may contact Pam Steele, Public Affairs, 217-333-5010 or [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Public Affairs Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Visiting Wellness Manager - Public Affairs (147232) Open Date:06/09/2021 Close Date:06/23/2021 Organization Name:Public Affairs