Assistant Director, Aquatics
Job no: 498783
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Assistant Director, AquaticsSalary/Grade:
$36,000 - $40,000Hours Per Week:
The Assistant Director position is designed to assist the Associate Director, Aquatic Center in the operation of the Aquatic Center so that the health and well being of patrons and staff is upheld to the highest standard. The Assistant Director assumes functional and administrative responsibility for the direction of the American Red Cross program, and the Lifeguard program and assists with aquatic event management and risk management. Also serves to provide program coverage, facility coverage, and supervision of special events as needed.
• Required to perform duties with limited supervision and will be responsible for making significant independent decisions.
• Conduct daily facility safety assessment and take appropriate action.
• Direct, manage, and evaluate American Red Cross (ARC) programs.
• Direct the American Red Cross Instructor staff (5-7students) including training, supervision, hiring, recruitment, discipline, and scheduling.
• Schedule instructors for American Red Cross classes (i.e Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, LGI) and BBP certification classes.
• Assist Director with the development, recommendation, and management of American Red Cross & Lifeguard budgets.
• Direct the recertification programs for all staff including Lifeguards, LGI, WSI and Full-time Program Staff.
• Ensure that all RSC Staff maintain proper certifications.
• Direct and compile all public relations for American Red Cross and Lifeguard programs.
• Direct and/or compile reports and proposals related to assigned programs.
• Direct the Lifeguard staff (60 - 70 students), including training, supervision, hiring, recruitment, discipline, and scheduling.
• Direct the Student Manager staff (5 - 8 students), including training, supervision, hiring, recruitment, discipline, and scheduling.
• Assist in the compilation of student and non-student payroll.
• Assist with department special events as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Exercise Science or related field or 3 – 5 years of demonstrated experience in a large multi-use aquatic facility supervising programs, events and a large staff.
• American Red Cross CPR/PR, Lifeguard Training, and First Aid certifications or obtained upon hiring.
• American Red Cross CPR/FA/LG instructor certifications, or WSIT, LGIT certifications.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 08 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time