Research Operations Manager
Research Operations ManagerAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Experience ($50,700 - $53,000)Work Schedule:
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM; Monday - FridayJob Location:
Poultry ScienceAbout the Department:
The North Carolina feed Mill Educational Unit supports the extension, research, and teaching efforts of the Departments of Poultry Science, Animal Science, and Biological Agricultural Engineering. The feed mill focuses on teaching, developing, and implementing new technology associated with feed milling and animal agriculture in North Carolina.Essential Job Duties:
Primary duties of the Research Operations Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manufacturing feed in accordance with standard operating procedures established at the Feed Mil Education Unit.
- Supervising subordinate research technicians, temporary employees (as applicable), and student employees.
- Responsible for the operation of the facility, including the use of automated systems and manufacturing equipment, to manufacture research and maintenance feeds.
- Performing and overseeing ingredient receipt and feed delivery logistics, housekeeping activities, preventive maintenance and repairs, and quality assurance procedures.
- Working with the faculty liaison to ensure compliance with University, local, State, and Federal policies, laws and regulations as well as to monitor financial and business operations.
The manager will also be responsible for:
- Ordering and purchasing necessary office, janitorial, and manufacturing supplies
- Completing inventory and ordering feed ingredients
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of general research experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Other Required Qualifications:
- Experience operating a research feed manufacturing facility;
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Preference for at least three years experience in a research feed manufacturing facility; prior experience with automated feed manufacturing systems.
- Familiarity with North Carolina State University financial operations and restrictions.
Valid NC Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
The position will be required to drive a forklift.Valid NC Driver's License required:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
06/09/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
In addition to your application please submit a resume/CV, cover letter, and the contact information for at least three (3) professional references.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Research Operations ManagerPosition Classification Band Level:
ContributingPosition Classification Salary Range:
$43,082 - $100,270Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
111901 - Poultry ScienceAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.